We ♥ The Tri-Cities
To our customers, thank you for keeping us trucking and allowing us to help keep the Tri-Cities clean & green. We'd love to hear from you! CLICK HERE
to give your garbage man or lady the gift of thanks.
Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week with your choice of sticker program or cart rental. Cart rental options include your choice of a 35-gallon, 65-gallon or 95-gallon cart.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items not accepted for pick-up include: electronics, toxic & hazardous waste such as car batteries, acids, caustics, flammable or explosive materials and potentially harmful waste.
- The following items are considered one disposal unit and require a pre-paid sticker: Waste containers or generic plastic bags no larger than 32 gallons in size, limited to 50 pounds of waste.
Curbside recycling service (if applicable)
- Pickup once per week in recycle cart.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Acceptable items for single-stream recycling are:
- Aluminum cans
- Trays and foil
- Steel cans and tins
- Aseptic packaging and gable-top containers (milk & juice cartons)
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, brown and green)
- PET soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE milk, water and juice jugs (#2 clear plastic resin)
- HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC narrow neck containers only (#3 plastic resin) such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners
- LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin) such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six pack rings, etc.
- PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin) such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles, etc.
- #7 plastic resin narrow neck containers only
- Plastic buckets such as kitty litter containers (five gallon size maximum)
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) bags
- Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
- Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake/food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Carrier stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paperback books (no hard cover books)
Notes: 1. All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean. Container lids and caps may be placed back onto the container after rinsing, or placed loose into the recycling bin. 2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers. 3. No plastic bags – instead reuse or return to grocery or department stores. 4. No plastic sheets or film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap). 5. Expanded foam and clear polystyrene (#6 plastic) not accepted per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois Department of Commerce & Community Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency. 6) Cardboard must be flattened and no larger than 3X3 feet for recycling. Cardboard will be taken as trash if larger than 3X3 but less than 5X5 and bundled.
- Items NOT accepted for recycling:
- Appliances caps and lids
- Light Bulbs
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Bags
- Take-out Packaging or Utensils
- Window Glass
- Yard Waste
Yard waste service
- Pickup once per week April 1st through November 30th
- Yard waste must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves and branches
- Yard waste must be in Kraft paper bags (pre-paid or generic with a pre-paid yard waste sticker) and brush must be in bundles with a pre-paid yard waste sticker.
- Bags must not exceed 50 pounds in weight
- Brush must be bundled and not exceed 48 inches in length, 24 inches in diameter and 50 pounds in weight. Each branch should not exceed 3 inches in diameter.
- Trash may not be mixed with yard waste
- A 65-gallon yard waste cart is available for a monthly charge
- Christmas trees will be collected the first 2 weeks in January without a sticker
Bulk waste service
- Bulk pickup is once per week.
- To schedule an appliance pickup, call Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282 at least 24 hours in advance. Additional charge applies.
- Bundles of debris such as carpeting and wood should be no larger than four feet in length and 50 pounds in weight
- Large amounts of demolition and construction debris can be collected by special pick up. Please contact our office at 630-587-8282 to arrange for pick-up.
Pre-Paid Geneva Refuse & Yard Waste Stickers and Half Size Bags are available at the following retailers:
- Aldi Foods 975 E State St in Geneva
- Blue Goose 300 S 2nd St in St Charles
- Butera 2732 E Main St in St Charles
- DG Ace Hardware 2650 E Main St in St Charles
- Family Pantry 1409 E State St in Geneva
- Geneva Ace Hardware 617 W State St in Geneva
- Geneva City Hall 22 S First St
- Geneva Finance Dept. 15 S First St
- Jewel 119 Randall Rd in Batavia
- Jewel 652 Kirk Rd in St Charles
- Jewel 2073 Prairie St in St Charles
- Jewel 800 N Main St in Elburn
- Meijer 855 S Randall Rd in St Charles
- Pride of Geneva 1168 E State St in Geneva
- Riley Drugs 415 W State St in Geneva