All recycling, garbage and yard waste must be placed curbside no later than 7 a.m. on collection day.
The collection day in Mill Creek is Wednesday for all materials.
• Cart must be placed within 4 feet of the curb with handle facing toward the residential unit and away
from the street.
• Cart must be at least 4 feet away from all other objects such as mailbox, car, garbage container, etc.
• Sticker Program: Place one (1) prepaid Mill Creek sticker on each bag or on the handle of each resident
owned 32-gallon can. Each unit may not exceed 50 pounds.
• Cart Program: Any additional trash outside of the cart must have a prepaid Mill Creek sticker on it.
• Garbage stacked on top of any container/cart will not be collected.
• Each household will receive one 65-gallon recycle cart at no additional cost regardless of the trash
• There is no limit on the amount of recyclables placed out each week for collection.
• Any recyclables beyond the confines of the provided cart must be designated for recycling and weigh no
more than 50 pounds.
• For fully automated collection, residents who consistently generate recyclables in excess of their cart
may be asked to get a larger cart or an additional cart. Additional 95-gallon, 65-gallon and 35-gallon
recycle carts are available for $1.20/month and billed quarterly.
• All recyclable material may be mixed together in the recycling cart.
• Please keep materials loose in the cart.
BLUE CART RECYCLING GUIDELINES
The blue recycling carts are for mixed recycling of containers and paper. Please place all materials in the cart loose; not in plastic bags.
Cans, Cartons, Bottles, Tubs, Jugs, Jars
• Metal cans, trays and foil
• Cartons (milk, juice, soup)
• Glass bottles and jars
• Plastic bottles, tubs, jugs, jars, and buckets
Do NOT recycle:
• Flat plastic lids
• Black plastic of any shape
• Plastic bags or film (see Plastic Bag Recycling)
• Plastic utensils or plates
• Plastic wraps, sandwich bags, freezer bags or tarps
• Plastic toys
• Hard plastic packaging
• Candy wrappers, cereal bags, potato chip bags or snack bags
• Empty motor oil bottles
• Styrofoam or polystyrene
• Newspaper, including inserts
• Cardboard, cut into pieces no larger than 3' x 3'
• Kraft (brown paper) bags
• Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
• Office, computer and notebook paper (staples are ok)
• Chipboard (cereal, tissue, shoe boxes, paper towel tubes, beer boxes, etc.)
• Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards or labels)
• Paperback books (no hardcover books)
• Pizza boxes (clean and grease-free top half)
Do NOT recycle:
• Plastic newspaper sleeves
• Waxed cardboard
• Plastic binders or metal clips
• Used paper plates
• Fluorescent colored paper
• Paper towels, tissues or napkins (compost if possible)
Yard Waste Collection
(Yard waste service runs April 1 – November 30 annually)
– Yard waste should be placed in brown 30-gallon biodegradable Kraft paper bags (available at many
retail outlets). Place one (1) prepaid Mill Creek sticker on each Kraft bag.
– Yard waste in plastic bags will not be accepted.
– Yard waste that cannot fit in Kraft paper bags may be bundled as follows: bundles of brush or
branches must be securely tied using biodegradable cord, string, rope or twine, and may not exceed
fifty (50) pounds in weight, two (2) feet in diameter, and four (4) feet in length. Place one (1) prepaid Mill Creek sticker on each bundle.
– In order to be collected, yard waste must be placed in the cart.
– Yard waste that cannot fit in the cart may be bundled as described above. Place one (1) prepaid Mill Creek sticker on each bundle.
CAPS AND LIDS
CAPS: Caps are small and screw on. Please replace plastic caps on empty plastic bottles, jugs or jars. Loose plastic caps are trash as they cannot be captured by the sorting system as they are so small. Loose metal caps
and lids are accepted in the recycling bin. If the container and the cap are different materials, such as a glass bottle with a metal cap, then they can both go into the recycling bin separately.
LIDS: Lids are thin, flat and snap on. Plastic lids from things like margarine, yogurt and sour cream are NOT recyclable and should go in the trash. The tub shaped containers are recyclable.
PLASTIC BAG RECYCLING
Please do not place recyclable materials in plastic bags inside of the collection bin. Place all recyclable items loose into the bin/cart for collection. Plastic bags are the biggest contaminant at the sorting facilities and are a detriment to the program. Plastic bags and plastic film are recyclable, but only at grocery store drop-boxes. Check your local store for their drop-box and to verify acceptable materials. Please visit www.plasticbagrecycling.org for more information.
Soil Saver Compost Bins are made available at a low cost for residents at:
University of Illinois Extension Office
535 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174 • (630) 584-6166
Cost: $60.00 cash or check please, payable to Kane County Treasurer
See the KANE COUNTY RECYCLES website at www.countyofkane.org/recycling for
information on: TRASH, RECYCLING AND YARD WASTE COLLECTION GUIDELINES FOR THE MILL CREEK SSA
• A to Z list – Recycling Beyond the Blue Cart
• Clothes, shoes and textiles recycling
• Document Shredding
• Safe Disposal of Medications and Needles
• How to stop Junk Mail for good!
• Rain Barrels
• And more!
Missed Collection: Missed collection should be reported to Advanced Disposal at (630) 587-8282. Prior to
calling, please make sure collection has occurred on your block. Please remember refuse, recycling and yard
waste are collected separately and can occur at different times of the day. Also, please check to see if your
missed material has been tagged with the reason it was not collected. Tagged material will not be collected
until the following week and must be pulled back from the curb. Please report missed collections to Advanced
Disposal by 11 a.m. the day following your scheduled collection in order to receive service that week.
Hazardous items will not be collected curbside: Hazardous items include aerosol paints and pesticides, antifreeze, cleaning products, compact fluorescent light bulbs, drain cleaners, fungicides, furniture strippers,
gasoline, flammable liquids, insecticides, lawn chemicals, mercury, metal polishes, motor oil, oils, oil-based paints, old medications, paint remover, pool chemicals, solvents, weed killers and radioactive materials or
liquids of any kind. See Household Hazardous Waste service provided by Kane County.
• All carts are the property of Advanced Disposal and must stay with the house if you move.
• Advanced Disposal owns and is responsible for replacing broken carts. If your cart is damaged, please contact Advanced Disposal to arrange for repair or replacement.
• Cleaning of the cart is the resident’s responsibility.
• The standard default cart sizes are as follows: recycling cart is 65 gallons, trash cart is 95 gallons and yard waste cart is 65 gallons. However, if these sizes do not meet your needs, you may request one of
the other sizes.
• There is no added cost for an upgrade to a 95-gallon recycling cart.
The following cart sizes are available:
• 95 gallons (Height: 46", Width: 26", Depth: 34.5")
• 65 gallons (Height: 41.5", Width: 24", Depth: 27")
• 35 gallons (Height: 37.5", Width: 19", Depth: 23.75")
The new contract beginning November 1, 2015, includes three levels of service from which you can choose.
This means residents can keep the same service they have, or choose to upgrade to a more convenient and
affordable full-service cart system. The best news is you will see an immediate cost savings with this new
contract! For current rates, please see www.AdvancedDisposal.com/MillCreekSSA
One Cart Program - Recycling cart only (built into sticker cost) with Trash & Yard Waste Stickers.
Each household will continue to have one 65-gallon recycling cart with the cost of the cart built into the price
of the stickers. Resident will use dual-purpose stickers for trash (in bags or resident’s 32-gallon container) and
for yard waste collection (in Kraft bags).
Two Cart Program - Recycling and Trash Carts (monthly rate) with Yard Waste Stickers.
Each household will continue to have one 65-gallon recycling cart with the cost built into the flat monthly rate,
as well as a 95-gallon trash cart. Residents will also use dual-purpose stickers for yard waste collection (in
Kraft bags). Service will be billed quarterly.
Three Cart Program - Recycling, Trash and Yard Waste Carts (flat monthly rate).
Full Service. Best Value.
Each household will be provided with three carts: one 65-gallon recycling cart one 95-gallon trash cart and
one 65-gallon yard waste cart for an affordable flat monthly rate. Service will be billed quarterly.
Prepaid dual-purpose stickers, for both trash or yard waste, are available for purchase at these
Jewel – 2073 Prairie St., St Charles, IL 60174
Phone: (630) 584-7228
Jewel – 119 S Randall Rd., Batavia, IL 60510
Phone: (630) 879-6622
Meijers – 855 S Randall Rd., St Charles, IL 60174
Phone: (630) 762-7200
Mill Creek Market – 39W250 Herrington Blvd., Geneva, IL 60134
Phone: (630) 262-0367
ADDITIONAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY ADVANCED DISPOSAL
Carpet Rolls: These must be no larger than 4 feet in length, 24 inches in diameter, weigh no more than 50 pounds and require one prepaid Mill Creek sticker attached to each roll.
Christmas Trees: These will be collected free of charge for the first 2 full weeks in January. Christmas trees should be free of all lights, garland, tinsel and decorations in order to be composted.
Construction or Demolition Debris (Do-It-Yourself jobs): Debris must weigh no more than 50 pounds, be no more than 4 feet in length and be placed inside of a 32-gallon container or bundled with
one prepaid Mill Creek sticker on each container or bundle. No loose debris will be collected. For large projects, we also have roll-off dumpsters available. Please call Advanced Disposal at (630) 587-8282
for pricing or to schedule.
Furniture and Bulk Items: These are items that are too large to fit inside a cart or your own 32-gallon container. Each bulk item requires one prepaid Mill Creek sticker.
White Goods (refrigerators, washing machines, dryers, etc.): These are appliances containing CFC, HCFC, PCB’s, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditioners,
humidifiers, etc.). These items will be picked up free of charge. Please call our office at (630) 587-8282 to schedule collection.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES PROVIDED BY KANE COUNTY
These programs are managed by Kane County at no additional charge to the homeowner or resident.
Brush Collection: There will be 3 brush collection cycles per year in Spring, Summer and Fall. This pick up will include branches, brush and other wooden material. It does not include leaves, which
are collected in the curbside yard waste program, nor does it include fencing or lumber, which is considered Construction or Demolition Debris. More information is available by calling (630) 444-3375,
and at www.countyofkane.org/Pages/millcreek.aspx
Electronics: Kane County Recycles conducts collection events and maintains several permanent drop-off locations for electronics recycling. Dates, times, locations and the list of acceptable items
can be found at www.countyofkane.org/recycling under Electronics. For more information, call (630) 208-3841.
Household Hazardous Waste: Residents may schedule one free collection per year. There are three easy ways to schedule a collection –
Call: 1-800-449-7587 (M-F, 7am - 7pm CST)
More information and a list of acceptable items can be found at www.countyofkane.org/recycling under “Hazardous Waste,” and then “Home Collection Service.” For more information, call (630) 208-3841.