Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Place garbage curbside by 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled garbage collection day.
- Residents may rent a 65- or 95-gallon trash cart for a monthly charge.
- Items NOT accepted for pick-up include: electronics, toxic & hazardous wastes such as car batteries, acids, caustics, flammable or explosive materials and potentially harmful waste.
- The following items are considered one disposal unit and require a pre-paid sticker: Waste containers or generic plastic bags no larger than 32 gallons in size, limited to 50 pounds of waste.
- Pickup once per week in provided 18-gallon bin.
- Place bin curbside by 6:30 a.m. of your scheduled collection day.
- 65-gallon recycle carts are available for rent through Advanced Disposal at $3/month.
- Acceptable items for single-stream recycling are:
- Aluminum cans
- Trays and foil
- Steel cans and tins
- Aseptic packaging and gable-top containers (milk & juice cartons)
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, brown and green)
- PET soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE milk, water and juice jugs (#2 clear plastic resin)
- HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC narrow neck containers only (#3 plastic resin) such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners
- LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin) such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six pack rings, etc.
- PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin) such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles, etc.
- #7 plastic resin narrow neck containers only
- Plastic buckets such as kitty litter containers (five gallon size maximum)
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) bags
- Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
- Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake/food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Carrier stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paperback books (no hard cover books)
Notes: 1. All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean. Container lids and caps may be placed back onto the container after rinsing, or placed loose into the recycling bin. 2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers. 3. No plastic bags – instead reuse or return to grocery or department stores. 4. No plastic sheets or film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap). 5. Expanded foam and clear polystyrene (#6 plastic) not accepted per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois Department of Commerce & Community Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency. 6) Cardboard must be flattened and no larger than 3X3 feet for recycling. Cardboard will be taken as trash if larger than 3X3 but less than 5X5 and bundled.
- Items NOT accepted for recycling:
- Appliances caps and lids
- Light Bulbs
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Bags
- Take-out Packaging or Utensils
- Window Glass
Curbside yard waste service
- Pickup once per week from April 1st thru November 30th.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves and branches less than four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Yard waste must be bagged or bundled and placed curbside by 6:30 a.m.
- Yard waste must be in Kraft paper bags (pre-paid or generic with a pre-paid yard waste sticker) and brush must be in bundles with a pre-paid yard waste sticker.
- Bags must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Yard waste in other plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Trash may not be mixed with yard waste.
- A 65-gallon yard waste cart is available for a monthly charge.
- Christmas trees will be collected the first 2 weeks in January without a yard waste sticker.
Bulk waste/Appliance collection
- Pickup once per week.
- To schedule an appliance pickup, call Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Bundles of debris such as carpeting and wood should be no larger than four feet in length or weigh over 50 pounds.
- Appliances can be picked up with one pre-paid refuse sticker.
- White Goods can be picked up at curbside for an additional fee of $35 per item. Please contact our office at 630-587-8282 to arrange for pickup.
- Large amounts of demolition and construction debris can be collected by special pick up. Please contact our office at 630-587-8282 to arrange for pickup.
Pre-Paid St Charles refuse stickers and Pre-Paid Yard waste bags are available at the following retailers:
Blue Goose at 300 S 2nd St.
Ace Hardware at 617 W State St in Geneva
Butera at 2732 E Main St
Dominicks at 2000 S Randall Rd in Geneva
Jewel at 652 Kirk Rd
Jewel at 2073 Prairie St
Jewel at 375 Randall Rd in South Elgin
Meijer at 855 S Randall Rd
City Hall at 2 E Main St.