Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Place garbage curbside by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled garbage collection day.
- Cart should not be placed next to mailboxes, trees, light poles or parked cars. The wheels of the cart should face away from the street to aid in the automated collection of the carts.
- Items NOT accepted for pick-up include: electronics, auto parts, large construction waste, swimming pools, decks, sheds, chemicals, hazardous materials, paints (unless latex and properly prepared), drums or garbage in containers other than the Advanced Disposal trash cart or 32-gallon can.
- A pre-paid Yorkville refuse sticker is required for each bag or 32 gallon container outside the cart. Additional containers may not exceed 32 gallons in size and 50 pounds in weight
- Pickup once per week in provided 65-gallon cart.
- Place curbside by 6:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- Recycle carts should be placed no more than one to two feet away from the curb.
- To minimize the risk of damage, the recycle cart should not be placed next to mailboxes, trees, light poles or parked cars. The wheels of the cart should face away from the street to aid in the automated collection of the carts.
- Acceptable items for single-stream recycling are:
- Aluminum cans
- Trays and foil
- Steel cans and tins
- Aseptic packaging and gable-top containers (milk & juice cartons)
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, brown and green)
- PET soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE milk, water and juice jugs (#2 clear plastic resin)
- HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC narrow neck containers only (#3 plastic resin) such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners
- LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin) such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six pack rings, etc.
- PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin) such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles, etc.
- #7 plastic resin narrow neck containers only
- Plastic buckets such as kitty litter containers (five gallon size maximum)
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) bags
- Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
- Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake/food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Carrier stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paperback books (no hard cover books)
Notes: 1. All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean. Container lids and caps may be placed back onto the container after rinsing, or placed loose into the recycling bin. 2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers. 3. No plastic bags – instead reuse or return to grocery or department stores. 4. No plastic sheets or film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap). 5. Expanded foam and clear polystyrene (#6 plastic) not accepted per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois Department of Commerce & Community Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency. 6) Cardboard must be flattened and no larger than 3X3 feet for recycling. Cardboard will be taken as trash if larger than 3X3 but less than 5X5 and bundled.
- Items NOT accepted for recycling:
- Appliances caps and lids
- Light Bulbs
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Bags
- Take-out Packaging or Utensils
- Window Glass
- Yard Waste
Curbside yard waste service
- Pickup once per week from April 1st thru November 30th.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves and branches less than four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Yard waste must be bagged or bundled and placed curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Yard waste must be in Kraft paper bags.
- Brush and/or branches must be bundled with string or twine.
- Branches may not exceed 3 inches in diameter or 4 feet in length.
- Yard waste bags may not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Bundles and brush piles must be in piles no larger than 18 inches in diameter or weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Trash may not be mixed with yard waste.
- Christmas trees will be collected the first 2 weeks in January.
- Pickup once per week on an on-call basis (except during free pickup period).
- Place items curbside before 6:00 a.m.
- To schedule a pickup, call Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Acceptable items include: appliances (two times per year), furniture or carpeting.
- All residents may have 1 bulk item per week that does not require a pre-paid sticker.
- Carpeting is considered a bulk item but must be cut and rolled in 4 foot lengths bundled and weigh less than 50 pounds per roll. Four rolls of carpet will be accepted as 1 bulk item.
- Appliances or white goods will be collected free of charge during the 3rd full week of April and the 3rd full week of October each year.
- Residents needing to dispose of appliances during other times of the year may call our office at 630-587-8282 to schedule pick-up for a fee.
Pre-Paid Yorkville refuse stickers available at the following retailers:
Ace Hardware at 9620 Route 34
Jewel at 234 Veterans Pkwy
City Hall at 800 Game Farm Rd