Advanced Disposal has a 99.93% successful service rate in Huntersville. Click here to find out why!
Starting June 1st, your every other week recycling day will now be the same day as your garbage and yard waste collection.
For more information about the Recycling Route changes, click here.
Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week in GREY 95 gallon cart marked garbage only.
- Place your cart curbside by 6:00 a.m. (or the night before) of your scheduled garbage collection day.
- Carts must be at least three feet from any object (i.e., cars, poles, mailboxes, trees).
- Garbage defined as all kitchen and food waste, and all animal or vegetable waste that is attendant with or results from the storage, preparation, cooking or handling of food materials.
Curbside yard waste service
- Pickup once per week in GREEN 95 gallon cart marked yard waste only.
- Yard waste defined as vegetative matter resulting from landscaping and yard maintenance and beautification projects, such as leaves, grass cuttings, shrubbery and tree trimmings.
- Yard waste may not extended 3 feet or more above the top of the cart.
- We DO NOT accept roots, dirt, stumps, mulch or sod.
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup every other week in BLUE 95 gallon cart marked recyclables only.
- Recyclable materials include: magazines, telephone books, old corrugated cardboard, spiral paper cans, newspapers and inserts, aluminum cans, glass jars and bottles, steel cans, plastic soda and liquor bottles, plastic milk and water bottles. Any other materials accepted by the Mecklenburg County Recycling Center is included in this list.
- Cardboard and corrugated boxes and similar materials shall be broken down and placed in the collection area.
- Once the recycling cart is full, overflow recyclables contained in brown paper bags may be placed on top of or beside the recyclables cart.
Curbside bulk items collection
- Advanced Disposal is not responsible for collecting bulk items or white goods/appliances. Please contact Huntersville Town Hall at (704) 875-6541 to make arrangements for white goods collection. Fees apply.
- Advanced Disposal is not responsible for collecting tires or construction debris (concrete, wood, carpet, etc.). These items can be taken to North Mecklenburg Landfill, 15300 Holbrooks Road in Huntersville, (704) 875-3367.
To contact Advanced Disposal regarding solid waste services, please call 704-596-9428 or fax 704-596-9740.
Read more helpful information at the city's website. To be redirected, click here.
Stay up-to-date on any service changes in your area. Sign up by clicking here.