For more information, http://www.cityofjuneau.net
Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: materials generated by construction or remodeling projects, white good, bulky trash, Freon and non-Freon appliances, special waste, hazardous waste, tires, vehicle batteries, sludge, and other types of materials which require special handling and disposal.
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup every other week.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items accepted for pickup include: Tin and aluminum cans, clear, green brown container glass, plastics #1- #7, corrugated cardboard tied in bundles no larger than 24” by 24” and set along side bin by curb, newsprint and magazines tied in 24” by 24” bundles and set along side bin at curb.
Bulk waste service
- Bulk cleanup is offered once a year per mutually agreed upon date by City and Advanced Disposal. The following items are identified as bulky waste: furniture; rolled carpeting (four (4) foot maximum); cabinets; countertops (four (4) foot maximum); mattresses/box springs; doors and windows. Excluded items include: construction material; large appliances Freon-containing items; tires; batteries and electronics.
Containers furnished by Advanced Disposal shall remain the property of Advanced Disposal while in possession and control of household units. Household units shall only use the containers for which they are intended and will not make any alterations or improvements to the containers. Units are responsible for loss or damage to the containers in excess of ordinary wear and tear. If a unit requests more than one container or a replacement container due to theft or damage beyond ordinary wear and tear, Advanced Disposal will provide additional containers and charge the unit directly.