Jefferson County franchise is divided into 21 separate franchise areas in which franchise areas designate garbage collection to be once per week, or twice per week.
Curbside garbage service
- Pickup is either once per week or twice per week based on franchise area.
- Place garbage curbside by 6:00 a.m. of your scheduled garbage collection day(s).
- All garbage must be containerized in cans or bags, and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- For an additional charge, customers can add yard waste (limb and brush) collection to their collection program.
- Items NOT accepted for pick-up include: hazardous waste, medical waste, tires, yard waste (except for paid subscribers) or bulk waste.
Residents must call 800-333-7736 or 640-7000 to establish service. Residents will be informed at time of setting up service as to whether they will have once per week or twice per week service, based on the franchise area in which they are located.