The list of accepted recyclable items varies by location and contract. For an exact list of items that can be recycled in your area, please check your local facility.
The following items are not recyclable:
- Pyrex or other glass cookware
- Drinking glasses
- Disposable diapers
- Medical waste (including needles)
The following items should not be placed in your recycling container but may have other ways for recycling:
- Clothing and shoes can be recycled by taking the items to Goodwill, a thrift store or other nonprofit location.
- Plastic bags are recyclable but are best handled by returning them to grocery stores or other retailers that have special recycling programs.
- Bricks, concrete and wood are recyclable but may need to be handled separately.
- Yard waste may be recyclable but needs to be handled separately.
- Food waste and items contaminated with or containing food should not be placed with other recyclables. Advanced Disposal does collect organics in select areas, but items are handled separately and not taken to a material recovery facility.
Tips for recycling:
- Please clean and rinse cans, bottles and jars.
- Large pieces of cardboard and cardboard boxes should be broken down and cut into smaller pieces (preferably 3 feet x 3 feet).
- Cartons made from aseptic packaging such are recyclable.