Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week with your choice of sticker program or cart rental. Cart rental options include your choice of a 35-gallon, 65-gallon or 95-gallon cart.
- Place garbage curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your scheduled garbage collection day.
- Items NOT accepted for pick-up include: toxic & hazardous wastes such as car batteries, acids, caustics, flammable or explosive materials and potentially harmful waste.
- The following items are considered one disposal unit and require a pre-paid sticker: Waste containers or generic plastic bags no larger than 32 gallons in size, limited to 50 pounds of waste.
Curbside Electronics Collection
- Residents can recycle electronics at the curb for a fee. To schedule a pickup, call Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282.
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup once per week in provided 35 gal, 65 gal or 95 gal cart.
- Place cart curbside by 7:00 a.m. of your scheduled collection day.
- Carts should be placed in an area with a five (5) foot clearance on all sides, and in plain view for the driver.
- Acceptable items for single-stream recycling are:
- Aluminum cans
- Trays and foil
- Steel cans and tins
- Aseptic packaging and gable-top containers (milk & juice cartons)
- Glass bottles and jars (clear, brown and green)
- PET soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE milk, water and juice jugs (#2 clear plastic resin)
- HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC narrow neck containers only (#3 plastic resin) such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners
- LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin) such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six pack rings, etc.
- PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin) such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles, etc.
- #7 plastic resin narrow neck containers only
- Plastic buckets such as kitty litter containers (five gallon size maximum)
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) bags
- Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
- Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake/food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Carrier stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paperback books (no hard cover books)
Notes: 1. All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean. Container lids and caps may be placed back onto the container after rinsing, or placed loose into the recycling bin. 2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers. 3. No plastic bags – instead reuse or return to grocery or department stores. 4. No plastic sheets or film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap). 5. Expanded foam and clear polystyrene (#6 plastic) not accepted per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois Department of Commerce & Community Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency. 6) Cardboard must be flattened and no larger than 3X3 feet for recycling. Cardboard will be taken as trash if larger than 3X3 but less than 5X5 and bundled.
- Items NOT accepted for recycling:
- Appliances caps and lids
- Light Bulbs
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Bags
- Take-out Packaging or Utensils
- Window Glass
- Yard Waste
Curbside yard waste service
Food Scrap Collection
- Pickup once per week from the third full week of March thru November 30th.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves and branches less than four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Yard waste must be bagged or bundled and placed curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- Yard waste must be in Kraft paper bags or 32-gallon cans not exceeding 50 pounds in weight. Brush must be tied in bundles using biodegradable cord, string, rope or twine not exceeding fifty pounds in weight, two feet in diameter and four feet in length. All bags, cands and bundles require a pre-paid refuse/yard waste sticker. No stickers will be required for yard waste during the first two weeks of the season.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Trash may not be mixed with yard waste.
- A 65-gallon yard waste cart is available for a monthly charge.
- Christmas trees will be collected the first 2 weeks in January without a yard waste sticker.
- Leaves in Kraft bags will be collected without a sticker in December only. Stickers are required during all other months.
Select food scraps can now be mixed in with your 64 gallon yard waste cart. Residents must subscribe for yard waste cart service in order to participate in this program.
Recycling food scraps is easy and has many benefits:
Cart Care & How-to Tips:
- It's easy! Save acceptable food scraps in a kitchen container or lidded bucket and then place it in your yard waste cart with all other organic materials before collection day.
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions from landfills caused by rotting food.
- Creates compost! Food scraps are made into a nutrient rich soil amendment that improves soil health and function.
- Place acceptable food scraps directly into your cart, either loose or in a brown Kraft bag, layered with yard trimmings.
- Rinse your cart periodically with a garden hose or soap and water when necessary. Be sure to pour dirty water onto the lawn and not down the storm drain!
- Sprinkle in baking soda as needed. Keep the lid closed and store in a shaded area.
- You can also freeze food scraps until collection day.
- Fruits & vegetables including unpainted holiday pumpkins
- Dairy & eggs including egg shells - but no liquids!
- Breads, grains, pasta and cereal
- Coffee grounds & filters, teabags
- No meat, poultry or seafood
- No bones or shells
- No fats, grease or oil
- No liquids
- No pet waste
- No packaging
- No paper plates or other service ware (even if marked compostable)
- No plastics, Styrofoam, glass, metal, diapers or other garbage
Bulk waste/appliance collection
- Pick up once per week.
- To schedule an appliance pickup, call Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Bundles of debris such as carpeting and wood should be no larger than four feet in length or weigh over 50 pounds.
- Appliances can be picked up with a pre-paid refuse sticker.
- Large amounts of demolition and construction debris can be collected by special pick up. Please contact our office at 630-587-8282 to arrange for pickup.
- Pre-paid Batavia Refuse and Yard Waste Stickers (FULL & HALF size bags and Pre-Paid Yard waste bags) are available at the following retailers:
- White Hen Pantry at 336 E Wilson St
- Berkeley’s Finer Foods at 25 S Van Buren
- Ace Hardware at 1901 W Wilson
- Jewel at 119 S Randall Rd
- Dominick’s at 2000 N Randall Rd in Geneva
- Meijer at 855 S Randall Rd in St Charles
- City Hall at 100 N Island Ave