Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Place garbage curbside by 7:00 a.m. of your scheduled garbage collection day.
- Items NOT accepted for pick-up include: electronic waste or household hazardous waste. These materials include but are not limited to: antifreeze, automobile or boat batteries, cleaning products, explosives, fire extinguishers, gasoline, herbicides, hobby chemicals, insecticides, lawn chemicals, medical waste, mercury fluorescent lamp bulbs, motor oil, oil-based paint, paint thinners and varnishes, pesticides, pool chemicals, propane tanks, smoke detectors , solvents and tires.
- Residents are allowed an unlimited number of garbage cans or sealed plastic bags for collection.
- Containers and bags cannot exceed 33 gallons and must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Overweight or over capacity bags/containers will not be picked up.
- 95-gallon carts are available for rent through Advanced Disposal.
- No pick-up holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Pickup once per week in provided 18-gallon bin.
- Place bin curbside by 7:00 a.m. of your scheduled collection day.
- Bins should be placed in an area with a five (5) foot clearance on all sides, and in plain view for the driver.
- 65-gallon recycle carts are available for rent through Advanced Disposal at $2/month.
- Acceptable items for single-stream recycling are:
- Aluminum cans
- Trays and foil
- Steel cans and tins
- Aseptic packaging and gable-top containers (milk & juice cartons)
- Glass Bottles and Jars (clear, brown and green)
- PET soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
- HDPE milk, water and juice jugs (#2 clear plastic resin) HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
- PVC narrow neck containers only (#3 plastic resin) such as health & beauty aid products, household cleaners
- LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin) such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six pack rings, etc.
- PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin) such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles, etc.
- #7 plastic resin narrow neck containers only
- Plastic buckets such as kitty litter containers (five gallon size maximum)
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) bags
- Magazines, catalogs and telephone Books
- Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake/food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Carrier stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
- Paper Back Books (no hard cover books)
Notes: 1. All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean. Container lids and caps may be placed back onto the container after rinsing, or placed loose into the recycling bin. 2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers. 3. No Plastic bags – instead reuse or return to grocery or department stores. 4. No plastic sheets or film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap). 5. Expanded foam and clear polystyrene (#6 plastic) not accepted per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois Department of Commerce & Community Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency. 6) Cardboard must be flattened and no larger than 3X3 feet for recycling. Cardboard will be taken as trash if larger than 3X3 but less than 5X5 and bundled.
- Items NOT accepted for recycling:
- Appliances caps and lids
- Light Bulbs
- Paper Plates
- Plastic Bags
- Take-outPackaging or Utensils
- Window Glass
Curbside yard waste service
- Pickup once per week from April 1st thru December 15th.
- Yard waste must be bagged or bundled and placed curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- Yard waste includes grass clippings, leaves and branches less than four feet in length and three inches in diameter.
- Residents may place yard waste in 30-gallon biodegradable bags designed for yard waste.
- Bags must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Yard waste in other plastic bags will not be accepted.
- Residents may also dedicate a reusable container (garbage can) for yard waste.
- Containers may not be larger than 33 gallons, must have a removable cover and a Village of Streamwood “YARDWASTE ONLY” sticker permanently affixed.
- Yard waste stickers may be purchased at the cashier’s counter at Streamwood Village Hall.
- Trash will not be accepted with yard waste.
- Christmas trees will be collected the first 3 weeks in January.
Bulk waste collection
- Place items curbside by 7:00 a.m.
- One large household item per week.
- Up to two yards of remodeling/construction debris may be disposed of per collection.
- Bundles of debris, such as carpeting, should be no longer than 4 feet in length and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- Materials must be placed in bags or containers not exceeding 50 pounds in weight.
- Single items such as toilets, sinks vanities, garage doors, swing sets and kitchen cabinets must be disassembled and each portion or item cannot exceed 4 feet in length and 50 pounds in weight.
- Call our office at 630-587-8282 to schedule pick up of construction debris in excess of 2 cubic yards.
Appliances are picked up on the scheduled day of garbage collection on an on-call basis and for a fee.
To schedule a pickup, call Advanced Disposal at 630-587-8282 at least one (1) day prior to scheduled garbage collection day.
Household batteries (single cell sizes AAA, AA, C, D or 9-volt) may be picked up curbside by placing batteries in a clear plastic bag and setting them on top of the recyclables.
To contact Advanced Disposal regarding solid waste service, please call 630-587-8282.