CURBSIDE GARBAGE SERVICE
- Pickup once per week in provided 96-gallon wheeled cart.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: hazardous waste, liquid waste, tires, animal carcasses, yard waste.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE
- Available for customers participating in the recycling program. If you would like to sign up for recycling services, please contact us at (800) 469-7404, or email CharlestonIL@AdvancedDisposal.com.
- Pickup every week in provided 64-gallon cart.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items accepted for pickup include: bi-metal and aluminum cans, plastics #1, #2, #4, #5, #6 and #7, corrugated cardboard, newsprint and magazines, clear, green and brown container glass.
YARD WASTE SERVICE
- Yard waste is collected by request only. To schedule, call Advanced Disposal at (800) 469-7404 at least 24 hours before collection.
- All scheduled yard waste will be picked up on Wednesdays.
- Yard waste must have a sticker attached in order to be collected (one sticker per bundle or bag). Stickers can be purchased at City Hall for $2.50 each.
- Yard waste should ONLY be placed in paper bags or in a resident-owned 32-gallon container.
- Containers should not exceed 32 gallons.
- Yard waste is NOT accepted in plastic bags, recycling bins/cart, or garbage cart.
- Carts should be placed no more than three (3) feet from the curb.
- There needs to be at least three (3) feet between your cart and any other objects such as parked cars, light poles, mailboxes and other carts.
- Be sure to place garbage and recycling carts on opposite sides of the driveway.
- Cart handle should be facing the house and away from the street.
SENIOR CITIZEN RATE (MINIMUM AGE 65)
To activate, please provide us with proof of age (picture ID) and proof of residence (piece of mail with address
name), and send by email to CharlestonIL@AdvancedDisposal.com, fax at (217) 963-2981, or mail to:
1145 Bear Road, Decatur, IL 62522. Be sure to include the best number to reach you should we have any questions.
There will be no pickup on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
There will be no pickup on the following holidays and routes will be delayed by one day following a holiday.