GENERAL RESIDENTIAL GUIDELINES
Residents may place properly prepared refuse, recycling and yard waste at the curb for collection using the following guidelines:
• All refuse, recycling and yard waste may be placed at the curb no earlier than 5:00 a.m. and no later than 6:45a.m. the morning of your scheduled collection day. Carts and containers must be removed from the curb by 9:00 p.m. the day of collection.
• Each eligible household will receive a 95-gallon refuse and a 65-gallon recycling cart from Advanced Disposal at no additional charge. These carts will be repaired and/or replaced for the term of the contract at no additional cost to the resident.
• Residents may exchange their 95 gallon trash cart for a smaller size cart before March 1, 2018 at no cost to the resident. After March 1, 2018, there will be a $10.00 fee to switch to a different size.
• Each household is encouraged to use the supplied refuse and recycling carts for collection. In addition to the carts, a resident may place out for collection each week an unlimited amount of containerized refuse, recycling and yard waste (during yard waste season). Additional refuse and recycling must be placed in either resident supplied reusable container (garbage can) or sealed plastic bags in order to be collected. Resident supplied containers and/or bags must be no larger than 33-gallons nor weigh more than 50 lbs. Oversized or overweight containers or bags will NOT be collected. There is a 250lb weight limit for the Advanced Disposal refuse or recycling carts. See the yardwaste section of this brochure for the yardwaste guidelines.
• Up to two (2) electronic items are accepted for curbside collection per calendar year per household. This includes but is not limited to televisions, computers, monitors, printers, etc…
REFUSE COLLECTION GUIDELINES
Each household is encouraged to use the supplied refuse cart for collection. In addition to the cart, a resident may place out for collection each week an unlimited amount of containerized refuse. Additional refuse must be placed in either a resident supplied reusable container (garbage can) or sealed plastic bags in order to be collected. Resident supplied containers and/or bags must be no larger than 33-gallons nor weigh more than 50 lbs. Oversized or overweight containers or bags will NOT be collected. Weight limit for the cart is 250 lbs.
• Carpeting must be cut into pieces no longer than 4 feet and individual rolls must not weigh more than 50 lbs. Each roll should be securely tied with string or twine.
• One large household item will be collected weekly at no additional charge. Household items include furniture, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, stoves, trash compactors, water heaters, water softeners, washing machines, dryers etc…
• Up to 2 cubic yards of remodeling/construction debris may be disposed of weekly. Remodeling/construction debris must be placed in either a resident supplied reusable container (garbage can) or sealed plastic bags in order to be collected.
• Remodeling/construction debris in excess of 2 cubic yards can be collected for an additional fee. Please call Advanced Disposal at (815) 874-8431 to schedule the special collection and to obtain a cost estimate.
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE MAY NOT BE PLACED OUT FOR COLLECTION. THESE MATERIALS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Automobile or boat batteries
• Cleaning products
• Fire extinguishers
• Hobby chemicals
• Lawn chemicals
• Medical waste
• Needles or syringes
• Mercury fluorescent lamp bulbs
• Motor oil
• Oil-based paints
• Paint thinners and varnishes
• Pool chemicals
• Propane tanks
• Smoke detectors
RECYCLING COLLECTION GUIDELINES
Each household is encouraged to use the supplied recycling cart for collection. Each household will receive 1-65 gallon recycling cart. In addition to the cart, a resident may place out for collection each week an unlimited amount of containerized recycling. Additional recycling must be placed in either a resident supplied reusable container (clearly marked recycling) or plastic recycling bins in order to be collected. Resident supplied containers must be no larger than 33-gallons nor weigh more than 50 lbs. Oversized or overweight containers or recycling in plastic bags will not be collected. There is a weight limit of 250 lbs for the Advance Disposal recycling carts. Be sure to empty and rinse all containers and reattach lids and caps back onto the container after rinsing.
ACCEPTED RECYCLABLE MATERIALS ARE:
• Aluminum cans, trays and foil (trays and foil must be cleaned)
• Steel cans and tins
• Aseptic packaging and gable top containers (milk and juice cartons)
• Clear, brown and green glass bottles or jars - NO window glass, auto glass, dinnerware or ceramics.
• PET soda, water, and flavored beverage bottles (#1 clear and green plastic resin)
• HDPE milk, water and juice jugs (#2 clear plastic resin)
• HDPE detergent and fabric softener containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
• PVC narrow neck containers (#3 plastic resin) such as health and beauty aid products, household cleaners
• LDPE grocery containers (#4 plastic resin) such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six pack rings, etc.
• PP grocery containers (#5 plastic resin) such as yogurt cups, cottage cheese/cream cheese containers, narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles, etc.
• #7 plastic resin narrow neck containers
• Plastic buckets, such as kitty litter containers (5 gal maximum – NO metal handles)
• Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
• Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
• Kraft (brown paper) bags
• Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
• Office, computer, notebook and gift wrap paper (no shredded paper or wet paper; no metal clips, spirals, binders)
• Chipboard (cereal, cake and food mix boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
• Carrier stock (soda and beer can carrying cases)
• Junk mail and envelopes (no plastic cards, stick on labels or unused stamps)
• Paperback books (no hard cover books)
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
• Number 6 plastics
• Foam cups, trays and packaging
• Plastic bags
YARD WASTE COLLECTION GUIDELINES
Residents may place an unlimited amount of properly prepared yard waste curbside every week during the yard waste season: April 1 - November 30, weather permitting.
• Only yard waste generated at the residence may be placed out for collection. Yard waste generated from other properties or landscape services may not be placed out for collection.
• Yard waste includes: grass clippings, leaves, weeds, shrubbery, brush, small branches (less than 4" in diameter).
• Yard waste must NOT be mixed with the refuse or recycling.
• Residents may use Kraft paper bags or reusable containers (cans) for the collection of yard waste. Reusable containers must be clearly marked "Yard Waste" or with a large "X" on the side of the reusable 33 gallon can.
• Cans and/or brown paper lawn bags must be no larger than 33-gallons nor weigh more than 50 lbs. Oversized or overweight cans or bags will NOT be collected. Do NOT use plastic tape, wire or duct tape to close your yardwaste bags.
Residents may rent a yard waste cart for $2.00 per month. Call Advanced Disposal at 815-874-8431 to sign up for the yard waste cart.
• Brush and/or branches that do not fit in a brown paper lawn bag or can may be bundled. Each bundle may not be larger than 4 feet long nor weigh more than 50 lbs. Each bundle must be securely tied with either biodegradable string or twine. Individual branches cannot be larger than 3" in diameter.
• Plastic bags may NOT be used for yard waste collection.
• Christmas trees are collected at no additional charge during the first two weeks of January. Trees must be free of lights, ornaments and garland.