All waste and recycling must be placed curbside prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled day
- Carts should be placed no more than three (3) feet from the curb.
- There needs to be at least three (3) feet between your cart and any other objects such as parked cars, light poles, mailboxes and other carts.
- If you can do so safely, be sure to place garbage and recycling containers on opposite sides of the driveway. If you cannot do so safely, please place recycling in front of the trash
- Cart handle should be facing the house and away from the street.
CURBSIDE GARBAGE COLLECTION
- Garbage collection is every week on your scheduled day of service in the provided 96-gallon wheeled cart.
- All garbage must be bagged and placed in the container in order to be collected.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING COLLECTION
- Recycling collection is every other week on your scheduled day of service in the provided 64-gallon wheeled cart.
- Place all recyclables in the provided cart for single stream collection – no sorting is necessary.
- All recyclables must be placed in the cart in order to be collected – NO PLASTIC BAGS.
- ITEMS ACCEPTED FOR RECYCLING INCLUDE:
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Glossy Prints & Junk Mail
- Cardboard – NO PIZZA BOXES (must be cut into 2'x2' sections and placed inside of the cart)
- Office & Computer Paper
- Glass (clear, brown, green – rinsed with lids removed). DO NOT INCLUDE drinking glass, Pyrex, plate glass, other colored glass, china, light bulbs, ceramics, or mirrors.
- Plastics #1 and #2 (labels can be left on, remove hard plastic lids and rings, rinse well).
- DO NOT INCLUDE tubs or containers for cottage cheese, butter, whipped topping, foam products, or deodorant containers.
- Aluminum & Metal (empty aerosol cans, lids from glass jars, food containers – rinsed well).
CURBSIDE COMPOST/YARD WASTE COLLECTION
- Collection is every week on your scheduled day of service starting in the first full week of April through the second week of December.
- Leaves, grass clippings, yard waste must be in cans with Compost Stickers (available at City Offices), or in paper compost bags only.
- Brush must be bundled eighteen inches in diameter and four feet long.
- One individual item cannot be more than three inches in diameter.
- 50 pound maximum weight on cans and bags.
- PLASTIC BAGS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED - NO EXCEPTIONS.
CURBSIDE BULK WASTE COLLECTION
- Bulk waste collection must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of your normal pickup day by calling Advanced Disposal at (888) 443-1717.
- Residents are permitted up to 10 items of bulk waste and normal trash combined.
- Items accepted for collection include: tables, chairs, couches, televisions, entertainment centers, recliners, mattresses, box springs and carpet (cut and rolled into lengths not more than 4 feet long and weigh no more than 50 lbs).
CURBSIDE WHITE GOODS/APPLIANCE COLLECTION
- White goods/appliance collection must be scheduled 24 hours in advance of your normal collection day by calling Advanced Disposal at (888) 443-1717.
- Items accepted for collection include the following: washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, and hot water tanks, as well as, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, humidifiers, de-humidifiers, etc. that DO NOT CONTAIN FREON.
- Items containing Freon will need to have a sticker on the appliance. Stickers must be purchased at City Hall and placed on the appliance prior to pick up. The cost of the sticker is $55.00.
There will be no pickup on the following holidays:
New Year’s Day
Routes will be pushed back by one day following a holiday.
For example, if Christmas Day is Tuesday and your normal service day is Wednesday, you will be serviced on Thursday. Customers who are normally serviced on Friday of that week will be serviced on Saturday.