Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- All garbage must be contained in a bag, box, or can and shall be of a size and weight that one man can pick up.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: hazardous waste, building materials, property owner cleanups, demolition waste, yard waste, and any other waste which requires special handling and disposal.
- To be eligible for garbage collection, person must live at address and must have active utility services.
Curbside recycling service
- Macon Diversified Industries accepts recyclables at 1103 Enterprise Rd. in Macon. For information on acceptable materials, please call Macon Diversified Industries at 660-385-3111 or visit their website at Macon Diversified Industries.
Yard waste service
- The City of Macon has a yard waste drop off site for current residential customers within this City limits of Macon. For more information on operating hours, accepted material and requirements, please contact the Street Department of Macon at 660-385-2632.
Bulk waste service
- Bulk cleanup is one household item per week –with a size and weight not exceeding 70 lbs. so that one man can pick up and load.
- Please contact our office at 800-778-7652 to schedule collection of your bulk item, or online through our Request Services form.
- Bulk appliance collection twice per year for a fee.
- Bulk waste must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6:00a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: Batteries, tires, paint, building materials, demolition waste, liquids/chemicals, and all other items which require special handling and disposal.