Attention: Select your container size here
Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Garbage not at the curb by the designated time will be picked up on the next scheduled pickup day.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: hazardous waste, radioactive material, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCD’s), major appliances, explosives, regulated infectious wastes (includes diabetic syringes), waste oil, yard waste, lead-acid batteries and tires.
- Blue bags are accepted at the Moberly Transfer Station located at 101 Martin Lane at no charge. Resident must provide a driver’s license and a current water bill.
- Garbage that has been scattered by wind, animals or vandals may not be collected and shall be the responsibility of the resident.
Option 1 for Curbside garbage service – “Blue Bag Program”
- All garbage at the curb must be in a “City of Moberly” blue bag (must have the city emblem to qualify).
- Blue bags may be purchased in rolls of 10 at the following locations in Moberly: Bratcher’s Market, Moberly City Hall, Wal-Mart and Westlake Hardware
Option 2 for Curbside garbage service – “95 Gallon Cart Program”
- Residents may request a 95-gallon cart to be used in lieu of the blue bag program for an additional fee. Contact us at 800-778-7652 for more information.
- Garbage must be placed in blue bags until the cart is delivered.
- Lid on the cart must close in order to be collected.
- Garbage placed outside of the cart must be placed in blue bags for collection.
- Place cart at least 3 feet away from any other object such as mailbox, car, other cart, etc.
- Place cart with handle facing away from the street.
- Remove cart from curb once garbage has been collected.
- Carts remain the property of Advanced Disposal. Carts damaged due to normal wear will be replaced or repaired by Advanced Disposal at no charge.
- Carts lost, stolen or damaged due to neglect will require customer to pay a replacement fee.
- Customers are responsible to notify Advanced Disposal when moving from the property for removal of the cart.
- Carts may not be taken to a new address without prior approval of Advanced Disposal.
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup once per week.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 7 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Recyclables must be placed in clear or white transparent bags.
- All recycle items must be clean of food and other debris.
- All recycle items must be dry.
- Cardboard must be broken down into 2’x2’ sections and bundled.
- Magazines and Newspapers may be bundled and tied with string for collection.
- Shredded paper must be bagged separately and tied securely for collection.
- Items accepted for pickup include: Newspaper, Cardboard, Magazines, mixed paper (junk mail, cereal boxes, catalogs, etc.), plastics #1 & #2, tin cans and aluminum cans. Items accepted for recycle subject to change based on the current market and items accepted by Hope Haven Industries.
- Items not accepted for pickup include: Plastics #3-#7, Styrofoam, electronics, clothes, ceramics or dishes, food waste, plastic grocery bags, motor oil containers, hazardous waste containers, glass of any kind, yard waste, pizza boxes, paper plates, tissues, toilet paper, diapers, cigarette boxes, milk or juice boxes (these are poly-coated and can not be recycled).
- Recycling bags not transparent, containing contaminated recycle or items that are not accepted will be left curbside for corrective action by resident, and will be collected on the next scheduled day of service.
- The Moberly Transfer Station located at 101 Martin Lane will accept recycling drop off during their regular business hours. Items taken to the transfer station must comply with the guidelines for curbside collection. There is no charge for recycling material.
- Recycle that has been scattered by wind, animals or vandals may not be collected and shall be the responsibility of the resident.
Yard waste service
- Not accepted curbside.
- Moberly Public Works Facility is available for yard waste drop off located at 2300 N Morley St.
Bulk waste service
- One bulk household waste item available for collection each week on Friday.
- Bulk item must be larger than what will fit in City Blue Bag or 95 gallon cart to qualify as a bulk item.
- Bulk item must be called in by 2:00pm on Thursday for Friday collection, please contact us at 800-778-7652.
- Bulk waste must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6 a.m. on the requested Friday collection.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: Major appliances, construction or demolition debris, tires, yard waste, batteries, items over 6’ in length.
- One bulk household item per week is accepted at the Moberly Transfer Station located at 101 Martin Lane at no charge. Resident must provide a driver’s license and a current water bill.
Appliance/White Good Collection
- Curbside white good collection is held the 4th Monday in May and the 4th Monday in September each year.
- Customer must call to request collection of their appliance/white good by 2:00pm on Friday prior to the Monday collection and pay the associated fees.
- Appliances/White Goods are accepted at the Moberly Transfer Station located at 101 Martin Lane for a fee.
There will be no pickup on the following holidays:
New Year's Day
Martin Luther King Jr Day
Routes will be pushed back by one day following a holiday. For example, if Christmas Day is Tuesday and your normal service day is Wednesday, you will be serviced on Thursday. Customers who are normally serviced on Friday of that week will be serviced on Saturday. If a holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no delay of service.