CURBSIDE GARBAGE SERVICE
- Pickup once per week in provided 95-gallon wheeled cart.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before, or priorto 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: electronics, appliances, auto batteries and yard waste.
- All items must be placed in the cart in order to be collected.
CURBSIDE RECYCLING SERVICE
- Pickup is EVERY OTHER WEEK in provided 95-gallon wheeled cart.
- Moving forward, recyclables in 18-gallon bins will no longer be collected. Residents are welcomed to keep the existing bins free of charge.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before,or prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Place all recyclables in the provided cart – no sorting necessary.
• Plastic food, beverage, detergent bottles and jugs labeled #1 – #7
• Pill bottles
• Water bottles
• Glass bottles (green, brown and clear)
• Glass jars (green, brown and clear)
• Metal cans
• Aluminum cans
• Newspapers and inserts
• Telephone books
• Brown paper bags
• Corrugated cardboard (flattened out and cut in pieces 2’ by 3’ or smaller)
• Office paper
• Copy paper
• Shredded paper in paper bag
• File folders
• File or packing boxes
• Junk mail
• Cereal boxes
• Brown or gray fiber packages (soda cartons, dry food packages, etc.)
DO NOT PLACE THE FOLLOWING IN THE RECYCLING CART:
• Plastic grocery bags
• Ceramics or dishes
• Food waste
• Motor oil containers
• Hazardous waste containers
• Light bulbs
BULK WASTE SERVICE
- Please contact Advanced Disposal to schedule a pick up at (800) 262-3101.
- Bulk waste must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include construction and demolition debris, tires, appliances or electronics.
YARD WASTE SERVICE
Hewitt Residents may drop off yard waste and brush at the Advanced Disposal compost site located at 501 South Hume Avenue, Marshfield, WI 54449.
- Carts should be placed no more than three (3) feet from the curb.
- There needs to be at least three (3) feet between your cart and any other objects such as parked cars, light poles, mailboxes and other carts.
- Be sure to place garbage and recycling carts on opposite sides of the driveway.
- Cart handle should be facing the house and away from the street.
New Year’s Day
Routes will be pushed back by one day following a holiday. For example, if Christmas Day is Thursday and your normal service day is Thursday, you will be serviced on Friday. Customers who are normally serviced on Friday of that week will be serviced on Saturday. Unless the holiday falls on the weekend. Then is will be serviced on the normal day.