Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week: Tuesdays - west of S. 108th Street and Thursdays - east of S. 108th Street.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Garbage shall be contained in plastic bags and cans with a volume not exceeding 30 gallons per container. The maximum weight of the filled container shall not exceed 80 lbs.
- There is no limit on the number of containers each week a residential household unit may put out.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: hazardous waste, electronic waste, or other Wisconsin landfill banned items.
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup every other week (on the same day as garbage collection).
- 96-gallon carts are provided by Advanced Disposal.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- All recyclables must be contained in the recycling cart and any materials outside the cart will not be collected.
- Items accepted for pickup include: single stream recyclables such as #1-#7 plastics, PET, HDPE, green/clear/brown glass, cardboard, mixed paper, newspaper, tin/steel/aluminum cans.
Yard waste service
- Pickup monthly starting the last week of April through October 31.
- Yard waste is collected on the same day as garbage.
- In May and October, yard waste pickup services will occur every other week.
- Yard waste must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Yard waste and leaves shall be contained in one or more sealed paper yard waste bags or 30-gallon containers identified as “YARD WASTE” with a tight fitting cover. Brush shall be bundled and tied in lengths no longer than five (5) feet, one (1) foot in diameter, with stalk diameters not to exceed six (6) inches. The cut ends of the bundle should be in the same direction and no bundle shall weigh more than 50 lbs.
- Green grass clippings are NOT accepted.
Bulk waste service
- Bulk pickup is weekly.
- To arrange for pickup of such items as appliances, furniture, mattresses, etc. call (262) 679-0860.
- Bulk waste must be placed curbside the night before, or prior to 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled day of collection.
- Larger household bulk items up to 200lbs. are collected on normal garbage collection days.
- There is no additional charge for this service though there is a $25 fee for the pick up of televisions.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: hazardous waste and other Wisconsin landfill banned items.