Curbside garbage service
- Pickup once per week.
- Garbage must be placed curbside the night before collection day, or prior to 6 A.M. on the scheduled day of collection.
- All garbage must be placed in the Town provided 95-gallon containers.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: hazardous chemicals, tires, batteries and paint/thinners (nothing liquid).
Curbside recycling service
- Pickup every other week: Single-stream recycling.
- Recyclables must be placed curbside the night before or prior to 6 A.M. on the scheduled day of collection.
- All recycling must be placed in the Town provided 65-gallon containers.
- Items NOT accepted for pickup include: Plastic engine oil, brake fluid, transmission fluid and wide mouth #2 containers, paper with food on it (pizza boxes) and bathroom/diaper paper.
- Items accepted: all clean paper, cardboard, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, aluminum cans, tin cans, phone books, aerosol cans (cap & nozzle removed), glass bottles (any color) and plastic narrow-necked bottles marked #1 and #2.
Yard waste service
- Pick up is the first week in May-November.
- Pick-ups will be every other week coinciding with the recycling pick-ups.
- All sticks should be cut in lengths of 4-feet and bundled together.
- Nothing larger than 2-inches in diameter will be accepted.
- Grass and leaves must be placed in biodegradable bags or container with lifting handles and should not weigh more then 50 pounds.
Bulk waste service
- No bulk item pick up offered by the Town of Algoma contract.